Corporate Social Responsibility at BFPL
At Brookfield, we embed Corporate Social Responsibility across all our operations. As well as delivering the highest quality real estate assets, we ensure that corporate responsibility is always a priority and we continue to manage our investments with integrity, balancing economic goals with good corporate citizenship.
We achieve this through the following principles that are embedded in our corporate culture:
Ensure the well-being and safety of all employees
- Employee well-being. We meet or exceed all applicable labour laws and standards in jurisdictions where we operate, which includes respecting human rights, offering competitive wages and implementing non-discriminatory, fully inclusive hiring practices.
- Health and safety. We aim to have zero serious safety incidents within our businesses by working towards implementing consistent health and safety principles across the organisation.
Be good stewards in the communities in which we operate
- Community engagement. We engage with community groups that might be affected by our actions to ensure that their interests, safety and well-being are appropriately integrated into our decision-making.
- Philanthropy. We empower our employees to participate in — and use our resources to give back to — the communities in which we operate.
Mitigate the impact of our operations on the environment
- Environmental Stewardship. We strive to minimise the environmental impact of our operations and improve our efficient use of resources over time.
Conduct business according to the highest ethical and legal/regulatory standards
- Governance, Ethics and Fairness. We operate with high ethical standards by conducting business activities in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, and with our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Transparency. We are accessible to our stakeholders by being responsive to requests for information and timely in our communication.